Friday, February 1, 2008

Dharma

I attended a few seven day Chan (Zen) retreats several years ago in Malaysia. But after that I liked traveling more, so mostly I reserved my annual leave for traveling… Thus, I was already far away from the intensive group practices of Chan workshops.

Basically, Mahayana Buddhism coming to the US community is from a few big associations in Taiwan, like Fo Guang Shan, Tzu Chi and Dharma Drum Mountain… In St. Louis, a Buddhist couple (he is a doctor at the first left with white shirt and she is at the fifth left with navy blouse) established a small Buddhist center here. They invited Venerable Guo Chian from Dharma Drum Mountain Buddhist Association in New York to give a Dharma talk, a one day Chan workshop and 4 sessions of ‘Diamond Sutra’ lectures here. We felt grateful because it is rare to have Dharma seminars by a Venerable here. Even though I must learn like a beginner, I still felt delighted by Dharma!

No comments:

Google