Saturday, December 29, 2007

Toilet story

I like travel and I have been backpacking with friends several times. Mostly we stayed at guest houses to save some money. I think Asians are more adaptable in accommodations… The first time Steve went to Penang, besides food, the scariest thing to him was...the toilets without seats (squat toilet)! He felt strange that Asians could squat so long…

The first time I cleaned the bathroom here, after I ran water on the toilet bowl and the water ran down onto the floor, I realized that the floor doesn’t have a drain…I stood there and stared at it a little while! I checked the other toilet – the floor is covered by carpet and also doesn’t have a drain. How to wash the toilet bowl?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the world is shared by people of different races and cultures. If we respect, as the west always propagate, one another, then we should be able to adapt to the other cultures easily. Sadly to say majority of the Americans don't understand the differences of different races and many of them would think the whole world should adopt American culture.

Anonymous said...

SinE...then how to wash toilet bowl?? you already figure out?Sofia

eHeart said...

Haha...not really. I use a polite way as well as not run water on it.

Google