Saturday, May 21, 2011

Cambodia - Tonle Sap Lake

We took a private boat tour of the floating village at Tonle Sap Lake - the boat was for us only. Running the boat was a young captain and a young boy for a first mate.
我們乘船去看Tonle Sap湖的水上人家,船只載我們倆私人團而已,年青的舵手及小男孩助手。

Floating church

The captain was like a tour guide also, introducing the floating village… and a floating school. He said we can get some food in a store to donate to the students. A little store has some stationery, like note books, pencils… and food like candy, snacks, instant noodles… A box of instant noodles is $22. What a price! “$22! We don’t have enough money.” We did not buy anything (we really didn’t have enough money!), but I thought to make a small donation to the school instead.
舵手也充當導遊,介紹水上人家有一間水上學校,他說我們去買一些食物然後去給學生。一間小店售賣一點的文具如練習簿、鉛筆和食物如糖果、零食、快熟麵問之下一盒快熟麵22美元。“$22!我們沒帶足夠的錢。我們沒買東西,但我想不如捐一點錢。

When I stepped in the school, I saw a man with the kids and I assumed he was a teacher. I handed money to him: “This is my little donation.” He smiled and received it.
當我踏上學校,我見到一男士與孩子們,我猜他是老師,我把錢給他並說﹕這是我的小小捐款。他笑容滿面收下。

I turned around and saw a donation box. He saw me point to the box, but he ignored what I meant. Hmm… as I tell you this story I realize I have attachment to my donation. Let it go.
我一轉身,看到樂捐箱,他看我指着樂捐箱,但不理我的意思。嗯我告訴你這件事,顯然我執著我捐獻。由它吧!

A crocodile farm

This trip is not a pleasant boat tour for me, seeing the parents with kids row their boats up to the tour boats, and having the kids approach you to sell drinks.
這次船遊参觀,不算有好見識。看到大人划船讓小孩到來賣飲料。

I am so sad seeing the moms carry their babies to beg for money.
令我心酸的是,當母親的抱着幼嬰向我要錢。

Poor is not a sin, but sacrificing the childhood the kids deserve, would that make them (self-esteem) poorer?
窮不是罪過,但犧牲孩子應得的,更加讓他們(尊嚴)更窮?

I am wishing them well.
我由衷祝他們生活好。

No comments:

Google