Thursday, March 17, 2011

Educate and Prepare


Yesterday, I went for a mammogram. The staff lady talked to me while doing the process.
“Where are you from?”
“My country?”
“Yeah.”
“Malaysia.”
“I thought Japan.”
“Oh.. people are afraid of the nuclear reactor effects.”
“A small country can create big problem.”
I am quiet.
“Do you know what I mean?” She asked.
“Ah, hurt.”
I mean the mammogram equipment made me hurt when pressing on it.


Do you know what she means?
I don’t care.
This was a disaster, and we all are on the earth.



Last year, I visited Japan for the first time. The cleanliness of Japan enhanced its beauty and comfort. No one can beat it. It is rare to find rubbish on the ground, and you also do not see many trash bins around. One day, when Steve and I were waiting for the subway train, a man behind me spoke Japanese to me, and he pointed to a white handkerchief on the ground. I shook my head. He picked it up. After we went on the train, I observed him and saw he sat with the handkerchief on his lap.
When we watched the news, I am amazed by Japanese discipline during this disaster. I think the Japanese people are the best prepared for disasters in the world.



昨天我去做乳腺X光檢查,女職員替我做的當兒與我談話。
你從那兒來?
我的國家?
是。
馬來西亞。
我以為日本。
哦,人們都害怕核電爆炸輻射禍患。
一個小國能制造大問題。
我沒說話。
你知道我的意思嗎?她問。
啊,很痛。
我的意思是X光儀器壓著我的...痛。
你知道她的意思嗎?
我才不理。
這是災禍,我們都是在地球上。



去年第一次去日本,印象最美舒服的是日本的清潔,真是沒得比,很難得見到地上有垃圾,但又不是到處有垃圾桶。有一次在等地鐵,身後一男士對我說日語
,他指着地上的白手帕。我搖頭,他拾起来拿著,就這樣進入地鐵,我觀察望向他坐着,他把手帕放在大腿上。

當看到新聞,我想日本人是最有意識為災難危機做準備的,面臨慌亂還是守序。真佩服他們'居危思安'

No comments:

Google