Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Relaxed people

July 4 is the USA’s Independence Day. A lot of places have their individual celebrations with big or small events. Our area, Florissant Valley, also has a small celebration with a band and fireworks. We knew that the band would start at 7.30pm, with the fireworks after that, so at 7.25pm we walked from our house to there, about 25 minutes. We saw many people already sitting in their own chairs around the field, not all of them crowded in front the band. They were just waiting to see the fireworks; I think they are very relaxed. We did not know the time for the fireworks, and I felt a little impatient even though I was relaxed. We all waited until 9.30pm. I was thinking I wouldn’t have wasted time waiting there if I had known it started so late. And I was also thinking those relaxed people wouldn’t have thought the same as me.

Ah…the fireworks were laughing loudly at me…
74日是美国国庆日,各地区各有大小的庆祝。我们住的Florissant小村也有小庆祝,歌乐队及燃放烟花。歌乐队是7.30pm开始,烟花在最后。我们在7.25pm从家走到这小村中心约25分钟,我们看到已有很多人带着自己的椅子坐在广场,有些还有食物,就像picnic一样,真不懂他们是几点已来到这,也不是全都聚在歌乐队前,纯粹就是只等看烟花,我想他们都是悠闲的人吧。我们不知几点才燃放烟花,结果我这悠闲的人有点不耐烦的和大家一起等到9.30pm。我的心想,若知道是这么晚,何必浪费时间在那儿等。我也心想那些悠闲的人肯定跟我的想法不一样。
烟花在大声轰笑着我

No comments:

Google