Saturday, March 8, 2014

Trip to the border of Malaysia and Thailand


My nephew took me & my sisters to visit his god-parents in Perlis, a Malaysian state bordering Thailand. 


We went to visit Gua Kelam before heading to their home.


My sisters.


I couldn't believe the ticket is just RM1 per adult. 


 

Gua in Malay means cave, Kelam means darkness.






Then we went to Wang Kerlian in Thailand. We just walked across the border without having to show passports.


A Thai dessert with shaved ice.  
It was the first time I'd seen this kind of machine to shave the ice.


Red syrup topping.


Cost is only 20 Baht


Little pineapples, very sweet, 20 Baht


His god-parents booked a Malay home-stay (RM95 for 3 persons room) for us.


The 9th day of Chinese New Year is the big celebration for Hokkien (FuJian) people.



His god-mom took us to visit a Chinese temple in Thailand, about a half hour drive.
However, we needed to go through Customs.
Both coming in and going out of Customs, the Thai staffs requested RM1 before giving back my passport. 


No comments:

Google