Friday, June 3, 2011

Smelly smoke


“A cigarette after a meal, happy like an angel.” This is the Chinese phrase from a smoker.

I say, “A cigarette in the toilet, the secondhand smoke is smelly.” Back when I used to live with my family, my brother was a smoker. If I needed to go in the toilet after him, it wasn’t easy. I needed to hold my breath, but unfortunately I could never hold it for the whole process.

When I went back this trip, I didn’t see him smoke. I asked my sister-in-law, and she said he listened to the doctor and quit. I am glad and happy for him, his wife and kids, and others around him.

He was a smoker for about 40 years. I think it must be hard for him to get rid of the cigarettes. He did it.

I want to thank him, and wish him good health.

飯後一根煙,快樂似神仙。 這是一般好煙者的口號。

我說,廁所里一根煙,臭味是二手煙。 這是以前我住在舊家哥哥好煙的情境,經他進廁所後,如果我急要進去,那會很難受,每次撇着呼吸,但功夫不夠,總撑不住整個過程。

這次回去,看他沒抽煙,從嫂嫂知道她聽醫生,戒煙了。真替他高興,也為他妻兒女及周遭人少了二手煙歡喜。

他抽了大約四十年的煙,要戒時一定不容易,他還是做到了!

我要謝謝他,祝他健康安好。

No comments:

Google