Friday, May 25, 2018

Staged reading play ~ TEA


I am glad that I took a big step going to the audition, and the director Christopher LaBanca accepted me to be part of the show. This was really a big deal for me.



"Solid Lines Productions is proud to present a staged reading of Velina Hasu Houston's play, TEA! There will only be one performance, and it will be with our new partner: The Stage at KDHX! ADMISSION IS FREE.

From Dramatists' Play Service, Inc.: "Four women come together to clean the house of a fifth after her tragic suicide upsets the balance of life in their small Japanese immigrant community in the middle of the Kansas heartland. The spirit of the dead woman returns as a ghostly ringmaster to force the women to come to terms with the disquieting tension of their lives and find common ground so that she can escape from the limbo between life and death, and move on to the next world in peace—and indeed carve a pathway for their future passage. Set in Junction City, Kansas, 1968; and netherworlds."

Directed by Executive Director Christopher LaBanca, and featuring Vicky Chen, Kristina Le, Sara Lin, SinE Tan, and Fox Smith, with Sean Hector reading stage directions, TEA promises to be an illuminating and haunting night of theater.

Content may be disturbing to some audience members."

https://www.facebook.com/solidlinesproductions/?fref=mentions


Showtime.


I enjoyed the chance to work with them, it was so much fun.
I had a wonderful experience. I appreciate it.


St Louis downtown.


Beautiful church.


Night view.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did amazing work and it was great working with you! I hope we can work together in the future!

Vicky

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for being involved, taking the risk, and sharing the experience with us!I don't even speak a second language really much less have ever tried to perform in one so honestly I think that was super brave and awesome.

You were wonderful! It was so wonderful to act along side you ^^

Fox

Anonymous said...

SinE, how cool! Good for you, that sounds like so much fun. I would go to see you if I were there! You are very brave. ♥

Carol

Google